Astrological compatibility can be a fascinating, beautiful, and complex art form. In truth, all relationships carry many layers of nuance, regardless if they are personal—such as romantic, platonic, or in one’s family—or professional—such as business partners, coworkers, bosses, or beyond.
Join us, as we dive into the art of astrological compatibility—also known as synastry—as we analyze the strengths and weaknesses and compatibility of the Leo and Pisces zodiac signs.
Table of Contents
- What is Synastry and Astrological Compatibility?
- What Should We Know About the Leo Zodiac Sign?
- What Should We Know About the Pisces Zodiac Sign?
- What Makes Leo and Pisces Compatible?
- What Makes Leo and Pisces Incompatible?
- Leo and Pisces Relationship - Can it Work?
- Leo and Pisces Compatibility Scores
What is Synastry and Astrological Compatibility?
Whether you’re an amateur or a more studied follower of astrology, it is important to note that there are many factors to look at when analyzing how compatible or incompatible two people may be.
Another fascinating insight is that compatibility does not only exist just between human beings—we even have astrological compatibility with pets, too!
In order to gain the greatest analysis of two people’s compatibility, it is best to have as much information as possible about their birth—which is compiled in a natal chart.
Knowing each individual’s time of birth, place of birth, and date of birth—as specifically as possible—will bring us a deeper understanding of the personality traits they possess and patterns they experience throughout their lifetime.
Then by running the two birth charts in tandem with one another—essentially by overlaying them on top of one another—we will be able to see how their planets and houses interact.
While the most popular and mainstream forms of astrology focus on Sun sign compatibility, we can also look at Rising signs—also known as the Ascendant—or Moon sign compatibility, too.
By knowing all of an individual’s planetary placements, this can also further aid us in knowing how a relationship exists and evolves.
What Should We Know About the Leo Zodiac Sign?
Leo is one of the most famous zodiac signs—often because people who are Leos love to step into the spotlight and announce to the world who they are!
As a Fire sign, Leos are often larger than life, bold and commanding, and tend to be highly creative and romantic. Leo is represented by the lion, which is known for its regal and ferocious power.
Ruled by our great luminary, the Sun, Leos love to radiate brightly and live life to the fullest. Leos are the fifth zodiac sign, ruling dating, art, expression, fertility, children, sports, hobbies, and recreational activities.
When it comes to their modality, they are a Fixed sign. This means that they exist at the height of summer and are strong and resistant to change.
People with strong Leo energy—whether in the form of their Sun sign, Ascendant, or Moon sign—often are charismatic, passionate, dynamic, and courageous.
They can be highly romantic, but also require a great deal of worship in their relationships. Just like the Sun, they often have great pride and large egos, feeling as if they are meant to rule the world around them as if it is their kingdom.
What Should We Know About the Pisces Zodiac Sign?
Pisces are one of the most mystical, imaginative, and sensitive zodiac signs of all. They are said to have one foot in the physical world and one foot in the spiritual realm at all times.
As a Water sign, they are highly emotional, intuitive, and receptive, often very aware of the atmosphere and energy that is around them. This can make them incredible empaths.
Pisces is symbolized by the two fish—showing a constant movement and motion—as well as a duality between their light and their shadow selves.
Pisces have two planetary rulers: their ancient one was Jupiter, the planet of expansion, while the modern one is Neptune, the planet of spirituality.
With their connection to Jupiter, they are often eager for growth, adventure, and exploration—hungry to explore life deeply.
With their rapport with Neptune, they can be incredibly deep individuals, sometimes magnificently mystical, creative, or psychic.
Yet, as Neptune is the planet of illusion and delusion, people with strong Pisces placements—such as their Sun sign, Ascendant, or Moon sign—may also experience more frail physicality or struggle with anxiety, mental health, or addictions.
Pisces are a Mutable sign—the end of their season—and are the twelfth and final zodiac sign on the wheel.
What Makes Leo and Pisces Compatible?
First off, when you look at Leo and Pisces on paper, we can certainly see certain things that may draw them together magnetically.
Both of these zodiac signs are very sensual and passionate, as they seek intimacy, romance, and connection. They also tend to be highly social and love having a wide circle of friends and acquaintances.
Another significant factor that can unite them is their deep desire to experience and surround themselves with beauty and art. With innate creative skills, these two can find similarities and hobbies that unite them and keep them constantly stimulated.
Another wonderful factor about this couple is that because Leo likes to entertain and take the lead, Pisces may be ecstatic to fall into their fantasy and go along for the ride.
What Makes Leo and Pisces Incompatible?
While a Leo and Pisces have so many factors that could unite them and bring them great joy as a pair, there are unfortunately far too many factors that may lead this union to fizzle out before it has formed a serious bond.
When it comes to casual connections, this is an absolutely dazzling and fun rapport. Yet, when it comes to building something of long-term value, the differences between them are so stark that it could lead them both to feel wounded and frustrated in the end.
First and foremost, their elements are not aligned. With Leo being an extroverted and dynamic Fire sign, Pisces’s Water sign nature may dampen Leo’s feisty flames.
Fire signs can be quite aggressive, dramatic, prone to anger, and impulsive. This is a complete antithesis to the nature and flow of a Water sign, as they like to take their time, trust their instincts, and tread forward only when their emotions and hearts reveal to them that they can.
While both of these zodiac signs can be sensitive, Pisces is the most sensitive zodiac sign of all and can “swim away from conflict” like a fish—especially if they feel threatened or scared. This could lead Leo to feel like they constantly have to tiptoe around their Pisces, as this Water sign is known to take everything personally. Pisces, like a river, likes to move with the natural ebbs and flows of life, which can also lead them to be less productive, hardworking, ambitious, or even indecisive.
These traits can further frustrate a Leo, who is often deeply focused on triumph, recognition, and achievement. If a Leo is to ever unleash the beast within and their fiery temper, this, too, could shatter the rapport between them, as Pisces may never end up forgiving them.
Then, when it comes to sex and intimacy, this match also has an uphill battle. While they may initially feel they’ve found a true companion, especially because both signs are so affectionate and sensual, their natural rhythms are unlikely to continuously match up.
Both zodiac signs are also tremendously needy and like to have the focus primarily upon them—which can lead to a battle of who is the giver and who is the receiver. Sex, however, can be quite fun and adventurous, but with Leo having a more rampant lusty appetite, the two will need to find a way to align here, too.
Leo and Pisces Relationship - Can it Work?
One thing that is important to note about any astrological compatibility is that no matter how compatible or incompatible two zodiac signs may be, all relationships take work and require effort.
Even if a relationship is perfect and “written in the stars,” sometimes this can cause both individuals to take it for granted and get lazy about building it. In this same regard, if two people truly are dedicated to building a long-term connection of value, even the most challenging unions may be able to go the long haul.
In order to add more fuel in this pair’s favor, there needs to be a light-hearted approach to life, love, and connection. Focusing on embracing their own inner child and letting them out to play with one another can truly make this union engaging, fun, and magical.
Also, prioritizing open and honest communication—especially around emotions—can be crucial to the success of this union.
Leo and Pisces Compatibility Scores
In order to build a handy go-to guide of compatibility, we’ve broken down several key areas of interest.
Leo and Pisces Compatibility: Passion and Intimacy
- Score: 3 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐
- When it comes to the sexual and intimate rhythms of these two, they certainly can find fun and exploration together—especially if their chemistry is there from the beginning.
- The danger lies in these two losing interest in their chemistry if other factors cause the passion to simmer down—such as work and life responsibilities or even an emotional disconnect.
- Luckily, as long as these two can find a way to reignite their spark, they should be able to find sweet affection and tenderness.
Leo and Pisces Compatibility: Communication and Intellect
- Score: 3 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐
- The beauty of both Leo and Pisces is they are often deeply in touch with their hearts, but communicating that can be a different thing altogether. The key to making this union work is to prioritize open and honest communication.
- Another positive factor that has raised this score rather than deflating it is that luckily Leo and Pisces are likely to have many interests and hobbies that overlap—and because of that, they may always have something to discuss and enjoy together. If they are willing to share their interests, they may even find that they inspire one another, too.
Leo and Pisces Compatibility: Emotions and Feelings
- Score: 3 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐
- Yet again, we find that this duo has a compatibility rating square in the middle, as it reveals that while they aren’t completely aligned, they can still make it work.
- Pisces will most certainly be the more sensitive and empathic of the two, but luckily both will be especially passionate and nurturing. Leo is the more loyal and protective of the two, which Pisces will truly enjoy, as it may make them feel safe and desired.
- The greatest challenge they may have, though, is underlying resentment or a lack of forgiveness if one side of the pair feels like they are constantly carrying the baggage of the other without mutual aid.
Leo and Pisces Compatibility: Beliefs and Morals
- Score: 4 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- This area of compatibility is one of their highest ones because both of these zodiac signs are deeply in touch with their beliefs and sense of moral compass.
- However, the key to making this truly align is to know that each of them are on the same page with one another about these ideologies from a very early time. If they are, they could feel united and strong side-by-side because they look at life from a similar worldview.
- However, if they are not on the same page from the very beginning, Leo may ultimately try to dominate the Piscean’s beliefs, which in turn would create a great deal of trauma and sorrow.
Leo and Pisces Compatibility: Friendship
- Score: 5 out of 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- As for our final area of compatibility, true friendship and connection between Leo and Pisces is more often than not absolutely marvelous.
- This is because the two of them love to have fun and like to approach life with a sense of wonder.
- They like to get swept up in positive emotions and experiences, and when they are able to share them together, they will be able to make beautiful and magical memories.
Kyle Thomas is a globally recognized pop culture astrologer who has been featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine, ABC Television, Hulu, Bustle, Elite Daily, House Beautiful, Marie Claire, YahooNews, MSN and more. He is known for his cosmic guidance for celebrities, business executives and prominent influencers. His work harnesses the power of the stars in regards to entertainment lifestyle and trends affecting people worldwide.